[ Review ] Caudalie Beauty Elixir





Today's post is inspired by the numerous best/worst of 2015 lists I've been reading for the past couple of days . I can't  think of a bigger disappointing purchase than this Caudalie Beauty Elixir . 

This beauty toner/mist was all over the internet for the past 2 years making it a cult favourite . I've wanted to try it for so long to see what is hype was all about and I finally did . 



I purchased the beauty Elixir on a whim  so i didn't even look at the ingredient list until I got home and tried it . So basically Caudalie was inspired by an old recipe book that had the queen Esabelle of Hungary's elixir of youth (This is becoming a cliche , every beauty companies is now relying on such stories to claim heritage and make the product more interesting and appealing) 

Anyway , for a mist i did feel that $18/ 30 ml was a little overpriced but I thought for what it claims to do it must be worth the price . 

The product promises you a smooth glowing complexion, clarifying and brightening treatment as well as pore minimising effect ! 

[ My experience ]

The product has a very fresh mint scent that fades after few minutes , I'm not crazy about the scent but it doesn't bother me , I first tried the mist on my clean face and it my skin felt very refreshed and cool at first , but then I had a stingy uncomfortable sensation . It irritated my skin and caused redness on my cheeks . 

That is not surprising at all since the second ingredient in this magical toner mist is ALCOHOL , the fourth ingredient is even worse : fragrance , so basically for $18 of very little product you are paying for a mix of water, alcohol, orange water, fragrance and a bunch of essential and plant oils . 

I'm not exaggerating when I say that any girl can make a better DIY spray toner at home. I tried it a couple more times on bare skin and over makeup but I failed to see what made this product so adored by so many , my skin is not even dry or sensitive .  I have normal to combination skin and very few products cause me breakouts or irritations .  I think people loved the matifying effect of the alcohol but we all know the longterm damage it can cause . I also don't believe it has any makeup setting power. 

I hate writing negative reviews because i understand that people's skin  react to products differently but I can't get over the fact that this water alcohol essential oil mix got this much rave. If you are looking for a refreshing face spray i highly recommend the Avene thermal water , it is hypoallergenic and very soothing . 


Have you tried the caudalie Beauty Elixir ? How do you like it ? 








No comments